Friday, March 30, 2012

Not Ready For The Weekend..

because I know I'm going to suffer... My training over the last couple of weeks has been nothing short of appalling. I have no hope of bettering last years Llanbedr to Blaenafon race time of 2 hours 31. I can feel my fitness levels dropping almost by the minute. I will take sub 2:40, accept sub 2:50 and be disappointed with anything slower. Of course, that's provided I have enough diesel for the drive there and back...

However it goes I shall at least take some solace from being out there on the hill and I'll not dwell on the outcome whatever the result - I won't have time as up Sunday is the Forest of Dean Half Marathon where I fully expect to struggle to break 1 hour 45. Will be good to complete my first double race weekend for a while though and at 15 miles and 13 miles it'll almost be like a long run...

No comments:

Post a Comment