Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Once more unto the brink

Well, that was my final session - read jog - before Berlin. Ich habe mein Deutsches practinge - haven't really cracked it yet.

I was running marathon pace 5k reps tonight with a five minute recovery. I made sure I ran even lap splits. It felt really easy. My last rep was as controlled as the first. In fact it was bang on the same time - but that may have been down to the fact I only ran one rep - don't know what the hell the five minute recovery was for!

Anyway, it was a short measure with regard to the lads. It was down to the stalwarts of Nick, Sean, the now ever present Jamie and Matt to hold the fort. They were running some kind of pyramid session - all very Egyptian.

Off now to start preparing body, mind and sole for the challenge ahead - and get my gear packed. Now where did I put my lucky underpants?.....

Thought for the day: Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

All the best for the Berlin Marathon on Sunday. Hope it goes really well and you break the 3 hour barrier!

I look forward to reading all about it.

John

Post a Comment