Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gyminy cricket

The taper continues. So twas just the gym today. A little bash on the weights and half an hour on the bike is all. But I feel I am getting really rested. On level 12 (of which 14 is off the seat hard and 20? Well I ain't never been there) I didn't manage to get my heart rate above 100. I reckon another week of this easy stuff and every muscle in my body will have gone on holiday. Just hope I will be able to get them back to work come Sunday 30th!!! My body has never known so much rest...

The other good piece of news is that I'm managing to keep the weight off. Normally on the taper I can't stop myself eating as much as I do during full training and the pounds pile on. Of late I've been working hard to get down to my racing weight without loosing strength and this time round I'm managing to keep it there, 10st 7lb - which is nice. Oh, for October 1st and European Pie Eating Day - beauty.

Thought for the day: Never mess up an apology with an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment