Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Easy does it

Oh I felt so totally not up for it tonight. I knew there was no point in attempting a hard session - I wouldn't have made it. And after the hard race yesterday an easy session was the most sensible option - hang on, when the hell have I ever taken the sensible option? This is a most worrying development - I think I must be going down with something.

It was another big turn out from the lads - ooh, now that's just plain nasty - what I mean was that there was a large number of them present. Running three sets of 800m followed by 400m and finished off with a relay style set of three 200's.

I decided to run four slow 1600's with a strict one minute recovery. It was actually a pretty decent recovery session and wasn't nearly as boring as I was expecting. Anyway, I chugged out reps in 6:30, 6:22, 6:04 and 5:59. It was all pretty easy and well within the comfort zone. Even so the last one was surprisingly quick for such a low level of perceived effort.

Well I'm really not sure what to do tomorrow. It all depends how much time I have but I'm thinking that a session on the bike might be an option. Might try and fit in a short forty minute run in first - just have to see how much of a portion I get from old father time - oh er.

Thought for the day: Don't judge a book by its movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment