Thursday, February 15, 2007

Can't believe I ran so quick...

I've had a pretty hard week back in full training after Dursley on Sunday and the total write off that was last week after the Long Mynd. I honestly thought that tonight would be slow. My calf muscles were a little tight before the session and are a little bit more tight now but the session itself was absolutely brilliant.

We were up at the Zoo tonight and the turn out was low - of which I guess the Weston Prom Run can shoulder most of the blame. We've not done the exact same session before but my average lap pace tonight of each of the different laps was just plain quicker than I've run them before. In fact, the average was about 4-5s quicker and consistent as well - really consistent.

We started off with two big laps which I covered in 4:00 and 3:52 - OK, not the most consistent but I always tend to have a bit of a warm up on the first rep. Then we ran two repetitions of a single lap and a small lap of which I ran 3:00, 2:23, 2:59 and 2:24 - now I think you'll agree that is consistent. I was absolutely dying on the final two laps but I hung on to complete the session - and I'm glad I did. I still can't believe I ran that quick. My previous goes over the single and small have been anywhere between 3:00 to 3:09 and 2:24 to 2:28 but generally averaging about 3:05 and 2:27. So this week, on the back of a good session yesterday and the day before has been - simple put - a most excellent week.

No comments:

Post a Comment