Monday, December 24, 2007

The ritual of the Christmas run

And so it is at this time of year that the ritual must be fulfilled and the sacrifice made - as in accordance with the prophecy. And so it came to pass, that, at the allotted time, the trinity of three set off on a journey that was to test their friendship to the very limits. A journey from which they would return changed for ever. A journey taking them to the furthest reaches of the....... Avon Gorge tow path.

Yep, we, the three wise monkeys, from Bristol Water set out on the customary Christmas lunch time run. We decided upon the tow path this year and headed out for an easy five miler.

'I feel awful', 'I'm so slow', 'This is rubbish', 'I don't know why I bother' - yes, the ever eloquent Clive T was on form - as always. Graham and I soldiered on under the barrage of negativity. The weather was kind and all in all we had a nice easy run and a chat - putting the world to rights in the process.

And finally, I'm going to try - yet again - to get out for a run Christmas morning. I've been threatening to do it for a few years now but never managed it - maybe this year, eh? - maybe not...

Thought for the day: Your friend is that person who knows all about you, and still likes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment