Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bit of a damp squib

Well that turned out to be a bit bollocks. The traffic put paid to me making it on time and I missed my guide - all my own fault so I can't complain - I was late, fair and square - strike one.

So having driven all that way and without any idea where to run I just picked a mountain I could see and ran up it! I was a little ill prepaid today because I'd cleared the car out a few weeks ago and obviously forgot to put my maps back in the boot - strike two.

Once I was up the mountain I basically ran for an hour following any paths I could find before turning around and running back for another hour. Didn't have a clue where I was running which detracted from what was a cracking day with great views. It hasn't put me off though, I will be back and hopefully, next time I can successfully make the jump to hyperspace to get me there on time.

Anyway, to dispel my disappointment, I decided to turn out for the Wednesday track session and hammer something out. We had a new member of the crew tonight, Bruce, who joined just me and Sean in a session of ten 300's. We did a reverse recovery period of 90s down to 30s and back out to 90s. I was a bit feeble tonight but glad I did it - helped clear the head. My splits were 56, 52, 53, 54, 55, 55, 55, 55, 54 and a final 52. Not my quickest but admirable under the circumstances.

I'm a bit knackered now - it's not often you run in the mountains for two hours and then knock out a track session three hours later - not if you're normal - but then I guess I'm not.

Thought for the day: Dream as though you'll live for ever; live as though you'll die today.

No comments:

Post a Comment