Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Read it and weep

... I did. I trained tonight - of a sort at least. Probably shouldn't have but then I have an image to keep up. It was a fifty fifty turn out with just Sean, Danny and Nick training this evening. It didn't rain so that was a bonus but it was a bit windy.

Anyway, the spicy pizza I ate before training kept my energy levels up - especially the jalapeƱo peppers - beauty - but the legs were lacking the power. The lads ran a 400, 600, 800, 800, 600, 400 pyramid but I missed out the second 800. It was officially my slowest ever session - but then I don't think I've ever tried a proper training session within three days of a marathon. I was being careful though, and taking it slow, so it's no surprise really.

My splits - no laughing - I SAID NO LAUGHING - were 87s - 'ave some - 2:03, 2:53, 2:01 - best laugh you've had in ages I bet but, get this, 76s on the final 400m - now that's almost OK.

So it's going to be a few more days rest, maybe a bit of gym work and then.... the Blorenge on Saturday, a 2.5mile fell race with 1,400ft of climb. Not sure I'll survive but I will try my damnedest.

Off now to seat my arse - and legs - and anything that'll fit really - on my lovely new sofa and watch some tv. CSI me thinks - get the notebook ready - what's that? bleach, thick latex gloves - because finger prints can be transferred through the cheaper, thin ones... top tips indeed...

Thought for the day: Religion is for people who don't want to go to hell. Spirituality is for those who've been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment