Monday, December 17, 2007

Return of the Nick

Yes, Nick was safely back in the fold tonight - top job. No Harry or Ed mind, but at this festive time of year - peace to all men, blah, blah, blah, and all that jazz - I forgive them.

It was a cold cold night on top o' the Clifton Moor. Mist gathered all around as the faithful band of brothers waited with baited breath. Suddenly, a ghostly figure appeared out of the darkness. Heading across the barren, desolate land. Floating phantom like ever closer. Closer. Closer.... It's alright, it was only Rick and off we set.

We ran a fairly short one tonight at, what for the lads was, a fairly leisurely pace but for me was quite fast. We all pushed on the final hill and then eased back before a final effort in the last mile. I plied on the power in that last mile, trying to test my staying power. I steadily increased the pace until I was up at 3:26 min/km in the last 500m, which I just about managed to maintain through to the finish. I was fair puffing and was almost sick at the end but I was pleased with the effort. Good and hard - just what the doctor ordered.

Thought for the day: You can always learn something from somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment