Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It caught up with me this morning

Well, the exploits of the weekend hit home this morning. I awoke - as you do - at the normal time and proceeded to prepare myself for the day ahead. It was then I was hit by the unstoppable juggernaut or tiredness. I felt so drained I just had to go back to bed. Anyway, a few hours of dead to the world time and I was back up and ready for action. Made it into work for 10:45 - now that's a late start - nice.

In light of this mornings tiredness I decided I probably shouldn't train today. The legs are still sore but easing and after this mornings escapades I shall have an early night and hopefully be ready for a bit of track tomorrow evening. I don't think it would be sensible to run a hard session so I might be an honourary lady again and take it easy. I have to try and get myself ready for the third race in the South Wales Winter Fell Series - a slightly tall order because it's this coming Saturday. I want to get a series score so I shall run regardless of what shape I'm in - I'll just take it slowly and grind it out as I climb the north face of the Eiger.

Thought for the day: Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment