Friday, December 28, 2007

Back to the country for a second day...

In the form of forty five minutes on the cross country setting on the bike. It was just a gym recovery day for me. I worked till midday and the buggered off down t' gym. I liken the cross country setting to the really steep ascent sections of a fell race. For minutes at a time the pedal rate is so slow but the quads burn. You have to force the pedals round and the heart rate and breathing are right up there. And as you pedal you pray that the little red led's on the display will somehow speed up across the screen to end the agony - but they don't.

I pushed a few weights before finishing off with my now customary ab crunches - 80 this time.

And did you see me in the Evening Post on Thursday? You didn't? Well you would have needed optical enhancement - I was the small dot to the left of race winner Craig Peter's (No. 745) wearing the red and white of Bristol & West.

Thought for the day: Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

Uh, [raises finger to the audience] just one more thing. While surfing the web - as you do - I came across 'The Beetle' who obviously ran and gps'ed the Clevedon Boxing Day race. TB put in a respectable sub 26 minute time, and has uploaded the route to mtbguru.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was 24:19 actually Dave! ;)

Post a Comment