Saturday, December 29, 2007

Planning...

I took another day off running in favour of the nice warm gym and my beloved exercise bike. I'm not even going to mention the setting as I suspect you already know. I obviously did a few weights after - my legs are still dead, five hours later.

Anyway, today I planned. In fact, I planned like there was no tomorrow. I have pencilled in 25, yes, that's twenty five races for the first three months of 2008. If it all goes off properly I will have topped this years tally by five races but it is going to be a tall order. There are 7, that's right, seven double header weekends - now that just ain't easy on the body.

Some of the notable doubles are the Rhyader Round the Lakes 20 (miles) followed by the Ironwood Challenge (8 miles) on the weekend of 15/16th March. I shall, of course, be attempting the EAS 10k and Chilly Duathlon again, both taking place on Sunday 9th March. Also worth a mention is the Llanthony fell race followed by the Gloucester 20 (miles) on the weekend of 1/2nd March. For the full list of my (proposed) races you can click on my race schedule link on the right.

Well now I've bored you I'll leave you in peace.

Thought for the day: The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't.

PS, I've just realised that Rick was first Vet 50 at Clevedon so well done - he's well and truly on the comeback trail. And well done to Terry T for first Vet 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment