Sunday, July 07, 2013

Yesterday Repeating Itself

Scorchio! I went with a repeat of yesterday's training. An hour on the bike watching the tennis - quite exciting - and then a melting run in the early evening. I was even more melted than yesterday by the end. Scorchio, too scorchio...

Popped over to Gloucester this morning to pick myself up a Weber from a branch of a well known national chain of diy stores. Coming highly recommended by friends I decided to stump the cash for the quality barbecue that is the Weber. It should last years... Sadly it was barbecue for one this evening. Felt a bit wrong to be going to all the trouble for a bbq for one but what the heck. I had premium steak burgers served with a side of fresh potatoes, onion and peppers cooked in a foil parcel and salad with the first tomatoes of the season. I used the indirect method - ooh, matron. Had to think on my feet though. Got done over on the charcoal front. So many small pieces that would have just fallen through the grate. Cue heath robinson and five minutes later I had a much finer grate ready for action. There were no problems on ignition, the tower starter thing was brilliant. Light a few pieces of newspaper in the bottom and boosh, five minutes later it was flamin'. Ten after that it was cook time and on with the foil parcel, twenty later on with the burgers, twenty more and it was eatin' time. Have to say that despite the small charcoal pieces the flamee taste it imparted was good. Mental note, use a bit less charcoal next time, it could be burning all night. Might have to make my own burgers next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment