Friday, July 27, 2012

Working The Whole Week Through...

...from the office of all places. OK, not quite, I was out to meetings Tuesday but other than that...

I even managed to run three times this week. Admittedly very slowly but three times is three times. Tonight I put in an hour on the bike in preparation for having a go at tomorrow's Park Run. I'm not going to take it too seriously and I'll start at the rear - ssh, ooh, no, matron. I want to use it as a training aid in order to force the pace a little. There's no way I'm going to run quickly but if I feel like I'm in a race I won't pootle as much I did Sunday and Tuesday.

On Sunday I am hoping to start increasing the mileage. I'm nowhere near ready for a long run but I need to get a handle on things. I'm thinking maybe the abbreviated Longhope Three Peaks loop. At 11-12km it should be doable and hopefully it will be a bit cooler by Sunday - not that I'm complaining about the weather. I'd rather have a bit of summer than back to the monsoon season already...

No comments:

Post a Comment