Friday, July 06, 2012

As Set As I'm Gonna Be

The final weight of my rucksack, everything in, including food is, wait for it, wait for it, 5.6kg. I'm happy with that and it feels quite balanced. I think I have everything I need - but if I don't it's too late now as I'm heading out the door. Not looking forward to the 250 mile drive north but that's life. For every pleasure there must be pain to retain the balance - although, to be fair, with the weather the way it is, the drive up might turn out to be the pleasurable bit!

Matt L and I are entered in the Scafell class - well, if your paying hard cash to run you might as well get your money's worth and I have a feeling we could be out there quite a while. It sure is going to test the navigational skills to the limit but worse case scenario is that we come 22nd. Anything inside the top fifty in my book is a good one.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back late Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment