Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Praying For A Break In The Weather For The Weekend

I fear it's going to be a bit of a wash out come the Saunders. Don't think I'll be taking my sun-block.

Been giving thought to what kit to take. Thinking compression kit as it's light and aids blood flow - plus it's light weight and doesn't hold water. Food-wise I'm going with SIS ISO Gels, High5 Energy bars, Dates and perpetum solids. For Sunday breakfast I'm going with instant porridge. Going to take some sesame bars as well as they have massive high calorie to weight ratio. The one lesson I've learnt over the last few years is not to run on empty so at the cost of carrying a bit of extra weight in the food department I'm not going to run on empty. On the plus side I have invested in the lightest weight tent and sleeping bag I could afford. I might not be the fittest I've ever been but I'm determined not to be as rubbish as I was in my last MM - the LAMM in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment