Saturday, January 12, 2008

What a disaster...

The supermarket didn't have my favourite spicy chicken pizza. I'd been looking forward to that all the way home - bummer. I've had to make do with the sweet bbq chicken instead - it's nice - just not as nice as the spicy. Oh well, can't have everything I suppose - but I would have liked that spicy... I won't go on.

By the way, the race was a bit of disaster as well - not as important as the pizza though. I got lost following the man ahead, easy mistake to make, we turned a corner following a path uphill to find our way barred while all the others had headed downhill - oh hum, that's life. At that point I was in 6th place and running well. I felt strong and felt I was beginning to catch that man ahead.

Anyway, once the mistake was revealed I ran full steam ahead. Angling across and down to meet back with the race route. Half way across the field I realised there was a hedge between them and us - oops. On closer inspection it became a fence with growths. On even closer inspection, as I hurtled towards at break neck speed, intending to hand on post and leap it, I realised it was a barbed wire fence - one mistake and it was curtains. Too late to abort so over I went and fortunately cleared it without issue - the guy behind was not so fortunate and now carries the scars to prove it.

After 'The Incident' I had dropped to about 20th. I gave it my best shot at making it back to 6th - but, alas, I didn't. 'The Incident' happened at about 1.5 miles of a 3.5 mile race so realistically it probably was a bit ambitious to make all that back up. I continued to run as strong as ox and by the finish I had moved up to 11th.

Anyway, as I say, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game - today I played poorly but ran like the wind. I feel so strong at the moment and I am really looking forward to tomorrow. I expect today will take the edge off tomorrow's run but I hope to have another good race. All in all today was still a bloody good day.

Thought for the day: Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment