Saturday, January 05, 2008

The shortest ten miler

Well that was the shortest ever ten miler I've ever done on account of the fact - I didn't bloody do it. I got up late. It looked horrible weather outside and basically I whimped out - what sort of excuse for a mad runner am I? But putting a positive spin on it - I decided mid dream - that I should have a one day taper before tomorrow's race. Yes, that sounds better.

Anyway, on to today. I stuck to my plan for a one day taper before the Forest of Dean Trail Race number 2 so I'm fresh and ready to run strong. Yes, the taper was definitely what I had planned all along. What was all that mention of ten miles? - ridiculous. No, I don't know where that rumour came from. Today was always a taper day, yep, distinctly remember writing that in the diary...

Thought for the day: Not failure, but low aim, is crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment