Monday, January 28, 2008

The funnel...

Well the Bridge Inn 5k is almost upon us but there is one very important thing I have to remember - bring the generator and bring the funnel. Damn, there are two important things I have to remember - bring the generator and bring the funnel and break 18 minutes without going off too fast. Damn! There are three important things...

The downside to being the chosen one and 'The Bringer Of The Finish Funnel' is that I have to collect the bloody things from the other side of town - which rules out any sort of chance of getting to the Downs for tonight's session.

I should have collected them on Saturday on my way back from the Midlands. I emptied the car to make room and reminded myself as I left the house in the morning on my way up country but for some strange reason I completely forgot about it - must have been thinking of other things and it totally slipped my mind - can't think what could possibly have taken away my concentration. The upside is another rest day - I do need to get back into training again soon though - although the Long Mynd on Sunday will be good training. It's a tough fell race but somebody's got to run it and I'm going to break 2 hours this year which means I have to knock 10-15 minutes off last years time - but I can do that...

Thought for the day: If you can't convince them - confuse 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dave what's taking you so long...have you got under 18mins or not? we're on the edge of our seats.

Post a Comment