Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not the quickest I've ever been...

...but it was the quickest I've been for a good while. It was a reasonably light session - so that was good for my first real attempt at going quickly for a while. Conditions were good - not too hot, not too cold, not raining and not too windy - what more could you ask for? - Apart from an athletes pair of legs and lungs!

It was a good turn out tonight and included the ever youthful Jerry H. We ran a 1200m warm up effort to begin the session. I lapped at 81s for a time of 4:03 and was pretty pleased because it felt nice and easy. Onto the main session we ran five 300m reps with a fairly long recovery. Sean was flying and so was Bruce who picked up the pace through the session. Danny was consistent on his first time out for a while and Jerry? Well I wouldn't be surprised to find every lap of his was an action reply of the one before - the man's like a human metronome.

I ran steady and picked up the pace throughout. 55s for the first - ooh, that's a bad mistake - but then things got better. 52, 51, 50 and - you had better sit down - 47s - and you can take that to the bank. Bruce and I gave Sean a shock on that last rep as we came onto his shoulder at about 180m. He glanced back in shock as we powered towards him but I died at that moment and Bruce held on gamely till the finish. Still it was my quickest session for a while and I'm satisfied there is more to come.

Thought for the day: We forfeit three quarters of ourselves in order to be like other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment