Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Long day

It was a long day at work - after a late start. There was trouble at tut mill - actually trouble at tut river Axe but same difference - got it sorted in the end though. Finally got home at 18:15 and just in time to get to the track - not sure I should have fitted in the spicy meat feast pizza with extra jalapenos before the session at seven though.

I felt a bit lethargic before the session - I felt a bit more lethargic after the session but I did alright for an old timer.

It was a huge turn out tonight - get this, seven, yes, seven of us. We ran a pyramid session of 400, 600, 800, 600, 400, 600 and 800m with equal rep to recovery times. My splits were 77s, 1:54, 2:35, 1:53, 72s, 1:56 and 2:36. I decided to miss the last 600m rep but Sean goaded me - he called me an oldy - the cheek. I had no choice but to complete the session in full. I was completely shagged by the end. Rob then came up with a classic idea - 'why don't we finish with a few 200's?' - I told him where he could shove his bloody 200's!

I'm now completely devoid of energy and shall probably not make it through the night - but I hope I do.

Thought for the day: Don't look back - something might be gaining on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment