Thursday, July 12, 2007

Too much to ask...

... for the golf to remain good. That's not to say I played too badly but it was much more ordinary today. I did hit a few massive drives but I could never quite take full advantage when I did. Still, it was a long way removed from the rubbish of Saturday so I'm reasonably happy.

Giving thought to all things running, it was a track night last night back at home and it feels strange to have missed out. I'm pretty sure Rick was away as well so the lads would have been coachless - hope there was no slacking lads. I should get my intelligence report through any day - just joking - or ..... No, I'm sure they managed something - they're a good bunch - did I really say that? I must be going soft in my old age.

The forecast up here is for a cloudy day tomorrow with some fog. I'm hoping to get out into the mountains again so I hope the weather doesn't scupper things. My legs feel almost completely recovered from yesterday's long run which is surprising - I guess it means I'm beginning to reacquaint myself with my old friends, Strength and Stamina - I sure have missed them.

It's going to be a 20 miler taking in four 2,250ft peaks and one 4000ft peak with a total ascent of around 6000ft - I know, I know, that doesn't add up you say but that's because I'll be running across ridges between the peaks and not all the way back down each time. Even so, it's still going to be a cracker. I have a couple of even longer ones planned for next week but I'm keeping them under wraps till then.

Thought for the day: No matter what happens, somebody will always find a way to take things too seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did miss you and Rick on wednesday! we had a stand in coach so there was NO slacking! 10x300m we did!
Nick

Post a Comment