Monday, April 27, 2020

A Bit of Crit on a Monday Evening

Not gonna lie, my quads are a bit sore. The springiness of the treadmill footplate is no substitute for pounding the miles on Terra firma. Decided on an 'easy' crit race on #Zwift tonight. I plumped for the 23k, 12 lap version. I like the short lap of the Crit course. I set out easy and it stayed that way... for all of about half a lap before I found myself slipping off the back of a decent sized group. From there it became a race and despite the soreness in my legs I started to crank it up a notch to hold the group. I eventually fell away but not before I was thoroughly ensconced in the race and battling it out for the minor places. Good workout but possibly burnt my bridges for tomorrow's scheduled speed ramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment