Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Weight Off My Shoulders...

I've decided to trim back the rower to every other day. My shoulders and lower neck have been aching for a couple of weeks. I don't think three or four days on the rower in, well, a row, was allowing proper recovery. So I've eased back to every other day and things are almost back to normal - not that anyone has ever accused me of being normal...

I'm not shirking though. I'm still keen. So far I've had no thought's of skipping a session on the grounds of not being arsed. I've managed eight straight days on the bike - including tonight. It's lower intensity and I feel able to keep to the regime. Once I get the treadmill I'm going to start planning things a bit more scientifically. Okay, to be fair, there won't be much science involved in the process but I'm going to try and structure things a little more...

Finished off with some ab-crunches. 112 to be precise, spread across four reps, 10 pull-ups and 26 push-ups. I used to push 50 as a single rep. Being able to do that feels a long way off but I'll get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment