Friday, January 29, 2016

Back On It For Day 40

I think I made the right call yesterday. I felt much more ready for today's interval session. Building on from my first session, I set the elevation to 1% and added an extra rep. Seven 2 minute reps paced at 4:15, 4:00, 3:45, 3:45, 3:45, 4:00, 4:00 min/km. I did consider running the middle one at 3:38 but I'm glad I didn't because the fifth was tough enough as it was. The beauty of the treadmill is that there is nowhere to hide and despite my form getting ragged in the last thirty seconds of that rep, I made it. By the end session my calf muscles where tight once again.

I finished today's training with ninety minutes on the bike - although I forgot to start the bloomin' watch again, only spotting it wasn't ticking up after thirty minutes had already passed. Oh, and mustn't forget the ab-crunches, pull-ups and push-ups. I'm now up to 4x30 crunches, 12 or 13 pull-ups and 2x20 push-ups.

I really need to dig out my old books now though, in order to work out the appropriate pace for different length/type sessions. Random isn't going to cut it. It's time to send in the science - as opposed to the clowns....

No comments:

Post a Comment