Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Lunch Run Is Go

or should that be 'was' go. As written in the sacred prophecy, as the noon sun rose to the azimuthal high point, we headed out for the lunch run. Martin legged it from the start - I didn't - I couldn't, I was really feeling it from Sunday's runs - that doesn't sound pleasant, but you know what I mean. That said, I got to the summit of Dundry in my quickest time this year. But the effort was too great. The price paid was too high and I was f#@ked.

There wasn't much recovery going on in the final phase of the run. At least the strong winds were on our backs now though. I finished in one of my quickest times but I completely fell apart on the last section. Still I had my trusty tomato and roasted vegetable pasta to look forward to. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm - ooh, and an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment