Friday, September 10, 2010

Chepstow In August

Well Chepstow's Championship results are in for the year to August. I've moved up from 15th to 13th after my good result, and best of the year so far, in the Machen 10k. I'm still two races short of a full measure - nothing unusual there then.

It's been a good couple of weeks on the 'getting the house ready to let front' and all being well I reckon she'll be under new tenancy by mid October. The last of the major maintenance jobs are complete with today's consumer unit replacement.

I'm in full taper mode ahead of the Chippenham Half. The diet is on hold for now and tomorrow I carb load. I don't know what to expect on race day. Can I go possibly go sub ninety again? I hope so but I don't want to get my hopes up. I know I've been going better of late and I've lost a few pounds. I'm down to 10st 10lb's so that should help. I guess I should be happy whatever the result. After all, I'm able to run and above all else, it's better to have run and lost than never run at all. But more than that, the one thing you can guarantee is that the Mad Runner will give his all....

No comments:

Post a Comment