Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ah, the old Christmas run

It was a reduced field from previous years but the old gang got out on the road again. If I was serious about the race tomorrow I wouldn't have run today but it's only a bit of fun for me and it was good to be running with the people that I first started running with - namely Clive and Graham. We've only run a few times during the last year or two and today was nice. The frosty wind made moan - but on we ran on regardless.

We were out for about 35 minutes up over Dundry and although I wasn't pushing hard I can feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes - I even feel it in my legs a bit. I'm slightly worried about my left ankle which started playing up after last night's session and I can feel a slight pain there again today - sod it, I'm still racing tomorrow. I didn't get where I am today by being put off by a few niggles.

Finally, I wish you merriment and happiness for the coming year. Long may you all continue to run with the wind on your back...

No comments:

Post a Comment