Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh dear, oh deary, deary, dear, dear, oh deary, dear

That was truly awful. I was rubbish. Bruce returned but had a bit of a rumbly stomach and had to stop. Sean looked strong as he pounded the boardwalk and Rick brought me my order from Bristol's best running shop - Up and Running. I was still rubbish.

We joined in with Dave B's group and ran four sets of 600m then 400m with just 60s recovery and a jogged 200m between sets. I had some discomfort with my right foot and had to stop after the first set to adjust by which time I was lost.

I steadily slowed down from an initial 1:57 / 76s pair up to 2:09 / 80s by the fourth set. I was puffing and panting - as you should be - but only when you're running a damn sight quicker than I was. I reckon that running all but the first set by myself made things a touch harder but I really don't think I would've been that much faster even if I'd run as part of the group.

I'm looking forward to some serious training in the next week or two - 'cause I sure as heck need it what with all my planned races coming thick and fast in 2009.

Thought for the day: A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.

No comments:

Post a Comment