Wednesday, December 10, 2008

So cold...

I didn't know whether to put on my spikes or my ice skates. It sure was icy on the track. The crunch of breaking ice could be heard echoing around the arena as those brave enough to train punctured the glassy film as they ran. And I'm sure there was more ice at the close then there was when we started.

It was a good turn out with Sean, Bruce - and his dad, Mike - Rick and Jerry all waving the banner. Although, as is normal these days, Jerry was running his own 400's as we ran 200's with a non-stop jogged 100 recovery. I have to say that I was more than a bit rubbish tonight. My calves hadn't really recovered from Sunday. They were - and still are - very tight. I knew I had to take care and with the ice making the track more like concrete than normal I ran very slowly - 40 seconds for each repetition - now, even by my standards that is woefully slow.

Eight was the limit for me on this frosty evening as my increasingly tight calves forced me to call a premature end. Sean and Bruce knocked out a goodly number more - and, I should add, a damn sight quicker. I need to do something tomorrow but I'm not sure what...

Thought for the day: It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment