Thursday, December 04, 2008

White Beast II: Son of the Beast

I have what looks like being a very tough race on Sunday, the Cardington Cracker. Apparently last years women's race was won in a time that was reported to be, and I quote, 'very quick'. Oh, and incidentally, Pat W almost got his ass kicked by said women's race winner - no doubt I will get my ass kicked by her this year. Anyway, at nine miles and lord knows how much ascent I'm expecting to find the the going tough.

All of which hides the fact that I am tapering for the race. Well, really I'm just too knackered to train - but I'll call it tapering instead as it sounds better.

Oh, and we've bought a new beast, Son of the Beast. A Vauxhall Vivaro - so if you've heard anything bad about the vivaro - keep it to yourself. I don't want to know. Really, I don't want to know. We like it and that's all that matters - sssh, no, sssh, don't say anything. Shtum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just been onto the Vauxhallvivaro.com website - it looks a smart motor.
Does every driver have to give the Fred Pontin thumb's up pose? - I trust you're practicising.
R

Post a Comment