Saturday, November 22, 2008

Slacking

After a rest day on Thursday, a few problems at work yesterday prevented me from getting out for a lunchtime run. That might turn out to be a good thing - I will think of it that way so as to remain positive.

I've had a bit of a cold all week presenting as the sniffles and a dry throat. In an effort to rid myself of it, I have elected not to head out into the cold for a run but instead turn my attentions to the exercise bike. To that end I have already managed an hour this morning and I'll be climbing back on this afternoon for another hour later on.

Even though training has gone a little wrong these last few days I still feel good about getting back into it. I'm not going to let this cold derail me from the target. My focus remains and I will soon be racing as fast as ever. I even dusted off the cap-cam the other day - I can feel some filming coming on...

Thought for the day: All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment