Saturday, September 28, 2019

A Double (but Without Overdoing It)

So I started off with a easy to medium effort on the bike. A short 13k #Zwift race. It was really just a warm up for the running but I did end up chasing a few riders down in the later stages. Just couldn't help myself. Didn't hit the burn so wasn't an issue.

I then followed up with another easy run on the treadmill. More structured this time as I programmed in the speeds and distances before hand. Five gently ramped efforts of 1, 1.25, 1.25, 1.25 and 1k with the pace of the ramps building up to the middle one and then back down again - probably haven't explained that well.

It's all very low key but it's another day and another small increase in distance, 5.75km and most importantly, didn't push me into the burn zone. I'm wanting to surge on and really test things but I'm sticking to the plan. Slowly does it, small gains and get to the final destination in good shape and ready to rumble...

No comments:

Post a Comment