Friday, September 13, 2013

Today, I Have Been Mostly Driving My Car

Okay, not my car for all of it. I had a pool car for two thirds but still, eight hours is enough for one day. Hasn't been a bad week all in all. Got quite a lot done. The list of things still to achieve is massive but one thing struck from the list is a small battle won.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Sunday and the Lake District Mountain Trial. With the forecast looking the way it is, I shall be lucky to survive. I might see if I can borrow a wet suit for the day....

On other matters of insanity. I'm now entered and committed to this years OMM in the medium score. To be honest, I haven't scored in years - I'm just no good at the chatting up - da dum dum chaaa [that's drum and cymbal noise onomatopoeia in case you were wondering]. It's a done deal now so I shall just have to put my local knowledge to good use in the west Black Mountains.

PS, I'm not really looking forward to the LDMT any more on account of the weather but I've paid my money so I'm bloody well doing it - unless they call it off. Fingers crossed.... Do I mean that? The jury's out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment