Saturday, September 07, 2013

Legs Trashed

Well I think I made the right decision to return home. My quads are sore but more of a worry my achilles is tight again. As the day's gone on the achilles feels better, the quads more sore - ho hum. I don't think further mountain running would have been sensible. It was a really good couple days training though. I really feel boosted by the sections of ascent. I started to struggle by the end but I also feel I pushed the effort a little bit more than I normally do when out in the hills. I've got plenty of time now to recovery before next Sunday. Saying that, the 17 miles of the LDMT Classic will no doubt be twenty plus by the time you add in the navigation. It's not like you can actually run in a straight line across the mountains is it? And despite some good ascending practice yesterday, the 9,500 feet of ascent worries me a little! It's definitely going to be a race of steady, steady, steady. I really don't want to be hitting 'sense of humour' failure with five or six miles still left on the clock. That would not be good. Not good at all. I'd rather finish with something left, feeling I should have gone a little quicker than be wiped out. Still, I'm looking forward to it. For the first time in a few years I feel I can see sunnier climbs ahead, so to speak. Provided I can keep the momentum building, slowly slowly catchy monkey, I can see myself having another crack at the South Wales Traverse next May/June and maybe even get back inside twenty for the 5k.

Today was a bike session, not wanting to risk breaking the legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment