Monday, May 27, 2013

Time To Rest

My arms are aching almost more than my legs today from all that scrambling over Ugain and Crib Goch. You don't realise at the time how strenuous lowering yourself down with your hands and arms can be - and there was a fair amount yesterday. I'm never particularly happy when you have to hold on with your hands with both feet free from the surface, like you're playing at being a gymnast on the parallel bars - only at the top of a mountain. There's always that 'shit, do I need to lower myself just a little bit more than my arms will allow before my feet touch back to terra-firma' moment. Then of course there are those twister moments where you need to put you right foot where you left hand is to be able to make the next move. Yes, I guess that's why my arms are aching...

With just five days till the first big one I need to make sure I am fully rested. And so it's been a day of rest which started with a bloody good lie in - 10am, result. Then I had a bit of a potter in the garden. A spot of baking in the afternoon before a bit of a fry up for tea - healthy? Well not actually that unhealthy. Oven chips with veggie sausages accompanied by red onions and peppers lightly fried with fresh chilli, sage, parsley (from the garden) and garlic (not from the garden), a fried egg and my homemade pickled red cabbage. My portion size went a bit wrong though...


And now it's operation feet up watching Sky Fall and the then The Tourist. Film fest. Just what the doctor ordered. Up tomorrow, do I squeeze in Chepstow training and then rest or should I been into light training only? I guess I'll see how things feel tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment