Friday, January 18, 2013

Enjoyable But...

It felt like I was going way too slow for the effort I was putting in. Can running in the snow be so much more energy sapping? I quickly became discombobulated on each of the slopier climbs. Dragging my feet up out of the snow on every step... hard work. It was pleasant running across May Hill once I got up there though. And the views... fantastic. I was surprised there weren't more people out sledging - but then again, I guess the two mile walk to get there would put off all but the hardy.

Sad news on the Painswick front, the orienteering is deferred until another day. Not a surprise really but a shame never the less. I can see the Mercia Hill Trial going the same way. Maybe with an extra day to thaw it might be a goer but I shan't be travelling seventy miles to get there along country roads unless it's safe. Guess I shall be heading out for another snowy run tomorrow.

Right, my cauliflower and lentil curry has been simmering away in the slow cooker for a couple of hours. Its enticing aromatic spice wafting forth from the kitchen. You can't beat that blend of coriander, cumin, turmeric, mustard seeds, garlic and fresh ginger and not forgetting fresh chilli. I can hear it calling to me. Just got to wait a few more minutes for the garlic naan bread to finish proving, cook them and then it'll be eating time...

No comments:

Post a Comment