Sunday, August 05, 2012

Ouch, Ah, Ooh

My legs are f*(%ed. Can't believe how sore they are after yesterday's paltry 20k. It does not bode well for next weekends Brecon Beacons fell race. I may run it come what may - but then again, I may have to be sensible. I might even get in touch with the organiser to see if I can set off half an hour early so I'm in before dark...

Anyway, I resorted to a solid hour on the bike again but even that was hard work and my legs complained the whole time. Watching the marathon took my mind off the pain though. Look towards the week ahead I might see if I can take Wednesday afternoon off work and go for another longish run. That should give my legs chance to be recovered and, more importantly, give them chance to recover in time for next Saturday's race. I'll be over by the Cotswolds for a meeting so perhaps some kind of 25k circular route along some of the Cotswold Way might be in order. I shall consult the maps...

No comments:

Post a Comment