Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Think I Made The Right Choice

A quick look out the window this morning and I knew I wasn't headed for the mountains. At seven it already felt humid and the temperature was only going to build from there. Instead I headed for the outer limits - of the forest near Symonds Yat. I don't know the area too well but I knew there would be lots of tree cover. On a warm day like today that is what I needed but even so it was it was still a sweaty run.

A part of me was sad to be missing the BB race but as I ran through the woodland I knew it was the right decision. I would have died out there on the mountain today.

So decision made, I set out to run about 10 miles rather than extend the distance again. The aim was to try and up the pace a little rather than plod along and it actually felt pretty good. At times it almost seemed like I was going at a decent pace! - but that surely must have been an optical illusion...

Anyway, I covered the 10 miles in almost exactly an hour and a half. Now that wouldn't be very quick along the flat but when you factor in the 2,000 feet of ascent it doesn't sound too bad. Based on recent form it was a pretty big step up. Onwards and upwards. Things are headed in the right direction.

Today's route:-
Today's 16km with 2,000 feet of ascent

No comments:

Post a Comment