Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In the bike mid-winter

The snow ripped it down again overnight - 5 inches worth. Fortunately the air temperature - and the ground temperature - is up on last week and where you clear from the ground it stays clear.

I took a flexi day from work, not wanting to risk travelling in such treacherous conditions. Lethargy still surrounds me though, but I have mustered for a session on the bike at high effort so it's not all doom and gloom. I really fancy a run in the snow but just can't get my arse in gear.

Still, I've news of the Riverbank Rollick on Sunday, which Chepstow Harriers have nominated as one of their championship races. I'm going to run so it'll be my first run out in the blue and red strip. That quite excites me. And of course, there is the double Garth Fell Race on Saturday - that's two short uphill races with the combined time from both to decide the winner. So this weekend is destined to be a double header - the first of 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment