Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oh goodness me

I am now officially a physical wreck! I took things easy and navigated meticulously but alas, the distance proved too much for me.

At about 3 miles i took a risk - I put my navigational skills to the test. As the group ahead took off down the track I headed up a steep climb alone - and it paid off. After a few lonely miles I rejoined the route - 500m ahead of the group - result. But then it all went south.

The bad weather hit - and the rain and wind never departed. Then, after about 14 miles the body took its leave of me. My groin became painful and I just about limped home to cover the 19 miles in a truly awful 4 hours. Soaked to the skin, muscles shot and shivering uncontrollably, we headed home for tea.

Oh yeah, and Helen won, which means she should have sewn up the Welsh Open Champs.

No comments:

Post a Comment