Sunday, June 01, 2008

Easy does it

I made it out for recovery run this morning - yeah for me. Sadly, Rick has picked up an injury - top tip, if you ever see an injury just leave it alone, do not pick it up, leave it were it is and walk away.

There was five of us out there - Sean, Mike T, Tim, Helen and me - and three hounds of the Baskerville. We ran a meandering route through Leigh Woods before heading home along the tow path with a Nighting Gale finish - I couldn't run the whole way up NG, I just couldn't - but I'm glad I made it out there for the run.

And I've finally decided upon a new challenge. Something to give me back my running mojo. Something to help me regain my focus. After a very enjoyable few days last weekend on mission Bob Graham I'm going to attempt a long distance trail - no, not the BG - that would be just plain stupid. No, I'm going to train for the South Wales Traverse. A 115km route from the Brecon Beacons to the Black Mountains taking in quite a number of the peaks contained within those mountain ranges.

I've not set a date but I would like to get myself ready for an attempt at the end of August or the beginning of September. It's going to mean spending more time in Wales - can't all be fun now, can it? Seriously, it'll mean quite a few training session over there to get myself in shape and recce the route. I'll also need to run some night sessions to acclimatise to that particular difficulty. I'm already looking forward to it. Might not be the ultimate challenge but it's a start...

Thought for the day: Why is it that most nudists are people you don’t want to see naked?

No comments:

Post a Comment