Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bloody hell

I managed to get out for that long run. It was all going well until I run out of steam - which was unfortunately bloody miles from home. Both Helen and Brown Dog left me for dead. By the time I got home they'd time to cook the lunch, read the Sunday paper and clean the house from top to bottom (well, Mrs B didn't actually do any of that but she would have if she hand hands - and wasn't a canine).

With about 5k to go I was beginning to bonk. My pace dropped to a crawl and all I wanted was for the pain to stop. At the finish I was out on my feet - and very near death (not really) but I ran the entire way, covering about 28k in a rather pathetic 2 hours 25 minutes - pitiful, really pitiful.

Anyway, it was good to do a long run. I'm probably going to feel wrecked tomorrow - hang on, I feel wrecked now but I reckon I'm going to feel even more wrecked tomorrow. So I'm almost one hundred ten percent sure I'm not going to be fit for training tomorrow but we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment