Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Making your mind up

You gotta speed it up - but then there's no way I'm gonna slow it down after that.

Just couldn't make my mind up today. Do I go for a run? or do I hit the bike? - with a hammer - just kidding. Such decisions should not be made lightly. The outcome of the great cosmos could depend upon the correct choice. The very future of mankind could depend upon taking the right path...

Well, maybe not. In the end I just couldn't make the choice - so I did nothing. I just went home and put my feet up.

... Did I f#$k - being the mentalist such as I am, I did both of course!

I went for a 35 minute tempo through the trails around Ashton Court and surrounding woodland before heading into the gym for the full hour on the bike. And you know what? No, OK then, I'll get my coat...

Seriously, I racked up my third best effort on the bike - ever. My quads were screaming surrender. My calves where waving the white flag but I powered on through the pain and out the other side. A great end to a day that began with an early wake up call at 6:30. Not sure I'm going to be in great shape for tomorrow's track session but I'll give it a go.

Thought for the day: Even the wisest mind has something yet to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment