Monday, March 10, 2008

I made it

It was the Downs-Portway loop tonight with a twist - we ran it in reverse - naughty. It makes for a good Bridge Valley Road finish that way round - and boy was I finished.

My quads were still painful to the touch tonight. There's a simple cure for that I've been informed - stop bloody touching them then - and you know what, that seemed to do the trick - who'd have thought? The soreness didn't seem to hold me back though - which was nice.

We put in the 3k(ish) effort along the Portway section. Sean pulled away, to lead Rick and then me, back to the traffic lights. Rick had me timed at about 11:20, which is a fine effort for me - especially with my slightly dodgy pegs - in fact, I think that's the fastest I've been along there. I have to admit I was really trying tonight and held it together well in the last kilometre.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get out for another run/cycle tomorrow night and then the track on Wednesday - and that's a promise - the track, that is, not the run/cycle. I could never promise the run/cycle but I will do my best to summon the will for it.

Thought for the day: Who tastes dog food when it has a 'new & improved' flavour?

PS What a great weekend

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A little off subject I know but - I've just been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, I'm 42 and wondered what chance I have of overcoming it like you did. I've always been fairly active (except for the past two years or so)but now I can't even bring myself to go to the gym - despite losing £40 a month to it. Your story has inspired me somewhat, but at my age do I just accept that I'm never going to reach my former levels of fitness.
Help! (Is probably what I'm screaming!!)
Gary

Post a Comment