Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Tracky situation

The track surface was a bit wet tonight but thankfully the rain held off during the session. No chaffed nipples for me this evening! Tonight we ran eight 600's grouped in 4 sets of 2 with a minute recovery between the 1st and 2nd then a longer 2:30 recovery before repeating. I averaged 1:58's per set and managed to push it on the second rep of the pair to nudge it just a little faster than the first. The pace was about right as I had to work really hard on the last couple to maintain the pace but managed to hold it together. Considering the race and yesterdays session I am well pleased. I have a prior engagement tomorrow so won't get out to train and I'm going to rest on Friday so I can get out for my intended long run on Saturday. I hope to put in about 22 miles. Followed by 24 the following Saturday (as long as the body holds together that is! At the moment the signs are good).

No comments:

Post a Comment