Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Today's session (suprisingly) today

Met up on the track for the Wednesday session. All the usual suspects were there. Captain Rick had a nice easy session planned for the lads. Four sets of 800m followed by 400m with a sharp recovery of 30 seconds between the eight's and four's with a longer 3 minute recovery between sets. The boys dun well, sustaining good pace throughout, although as per normal, one or two (who will remain nameless) went off a bit quick on the first rep. I gave myself permission to only run the eight's as I'm on my taper. I felt good and ran nice and quick, the last couple covered in 2:31 (which is not that surprising considering the 5 minute recovery). It's still good to run them that quick, while feeling easy, especially considering my PB is only 2:25!

Everything still remains in (good) working order - which is nice. Just need things to hold together for four more days until judgement day. I'm aiming to run Stroud on 6:05 miles. Just saying it, sounds scary. Don't know if I'm quite ready for that kind of pace yet but as Dell Boy would say, Monge Tou Rodders, Monge Tou. Oops, I mean, He Who Dares, He Who Dares.....

No comments:

Post a Comment