Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Kymined and made a good attempt to conquer

but I still couldn't stop that damn wife of mine beating me - b@#$@cks. I was, however, only five seconds behind at the finish. So close yet, alas, so far but things are getting closer. I'm inching ever closer and the power is returning. And don't let those rumours that she 'had a stitch' for the last mile detract from the fact that there was only five seconds in it [thought bubble: I'm a dead man].

My time was 10 seconds quicker than last year in 34:46 - although I did go off piste last time out so I can't claim I'm entirely back but things are still moving forward at pace. More important than any of that is the fact that I only have a few days left in which to beat Helen in a race - any race, I'll take anything - before she claims a full year's white wash - the clock is well and truly ticking. Doom, doom. I think I'm doomed...

The route of the Kymin race.

No comments:

Post a Comment