Monday, March 28, 2016

Gilwern Without The Grunt

Week fifteen began with another run as sweeper. The Gilwern Grunt this time. A seven and a half mile proper off road race - except the kilometre in the middle that was, well, on the road. Apart from that it was all off road. Conditions were surprisingly good, the storm having mostly blown through before the start. It was cold and blowy but dry.

I felt surprisingly tired afterwards - as attested to by the fact that, popping into the supermarket on the way home, I was stood in the checkout queue with Matthew L directly in front at the self-serve - and I didn't even register it was him! I was looking right at him as well - senility is kicking in. I got home safely despite that and finished the day's training with half an hour on the bike and the core work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment