Friday, March 28, 2014

Weather Dependant

Well I've planned my 'fair to middling' weather routes for my Lakes trip. At the moment it looks like I might get away with it - but then again the limit on accuracy is about a day so by Sunday I could be steeped in snow or wearing my bermuda shorts...

I've decided to have another crack at making a complete fail at tomorrow's Cleeve Hill orienteering - there's nothing like setting ones targets high - before driving up early evening. I'm not looking forward to the drive. It's a necessary evil. Hopefully it won't be as much of a problem in the future though as I've put together a petition asking the government to move the Lake District closer to London. I think they'll go for that.

My itinerary for the trip is as follows. Day 1, a trip around Helvellyn and the Dodds - don't panic Paul - starting and finishing from the eastern side, 25.5km with 1450m ascent. Day 2, moving south down the A592 a short way, is a tour of Patterdale, 20.5km with 1350m ascent and Day 3 is a variation on the Kentmere Horseshoe fell race route but starting and finishing from the A592, 24km also with 1350m.

I've tried to limit the length of the runs while incorporating a reasonable amount of ascent. They would all qualify as long A's so they should provide a bit of a challenge. I have a feeling I might be on my knees by day three, begging for mercy, but I won't be in a rush so I can take my time. At this stage in the comeback it's all about being in the mountains not how quickly I get round. The speed can come later once I've got back the power...

Day 1, 25.5km, 1450m ascent

Day 2, 20.5km, 1350m ascent

Day 3, 24km, 1350m ascent



No comments:

Post a Comment